عنوان الموضوع : 10k shots on my 5D2, here's a few good للغة الانجليزية
مقدم من طرف منتديات المرأة العربية

10k shots on my 5D2, here's a few good ، 10k shots on my 5D2, here's a few good

I switched to Canon back in June and already have 10,000 shots on the camera.

No it's not perfect and yes it does have some flaws, but overall I'm very very pleased with not only the camera body, but also the switch to Canon. I joked to myself as I was pulling the trigger on the 5D2 back in June that as soon as I did Nikon would suddenly release a whole ton of new kit, which they did. :mamoru:

Despite how impressive a lot of the new Nikon kit is, nothing was released that made me regret my decision to switch over, and if anything it only reinforced that it was the 'correct' way for me to go. I think I must be like the only person that switched from Nikon to Canon this year. I've not heard or read of anybody else making that switch this year. The dozens of other 'switch' stories I've read have all been from Canon to Nikon, with many ditching 5D2 based systems.

My **** list is here, but basically I have the Canon f/4L 'trinity' (17-40, 24-105, 70-200), a 50mm f/1.8, and a Voigtlander 40mm f/2. I also picked up two Haoda F to EOS adapters so that I could still use my leftover manual focus Nikkor lenses that I decided to keep. It's a great adapter, gives proper infinity focus, pretty decent metering believe it or not, and also focus confirmation beep. Pretty slick.

[IMG]https://stevepake.smugmug.com/****/Canon-5D-Mark-II/IMG3305/889955654_An52J-S.jpg[/IMG]

Figured I'd put up a few shots. Hit up my flickr and you should be able to get larger versions of most.

One of the first things I did with the Canon, two weeks after I got it, is shoot a wedding with it. Yeah completely new system, all new to me body, why not? LOL. Practiced like crazy prior to the big day and fortunately everything went extremely well. Shot it with a buddy who had a 40D, and he also got in on the Canon rebate and Adorama/Bing 10% cashback special and upgraded to a 5D2 also. $2160 brand spanking new - tough to say no.

This was one of my favorites from the wedding, shot with the 70-200mm f/4L

In July we went up to Penn State for a weekend, which is always fun.

In August we did our annual beach trip.

Lots of running around in fountains to cool off in the summer also.

Lots of playing in the backyard too. Bubbles were a huge hit all summer long.

Of course no summer would be complete without a trip to the county fair.

We hit just about every "farm" in the area, some on our own and others for birthday parties. Funny how in the DC area farms are actually tourist attractions, LOL. This was from a birthday party.

The wife and I did manage to get away just the two of us to New York for a weekend in October which was nice. This from the top of Rockefeller Center.

As fall set in, we tried to enjoy the last of the nice weather and longer daylight hours as we could.

Sports. I shot the Army Ten Miler for my company's team and got a lot of great photos of our runners.

And of course fall would not be complete without some fall foliage shots.

And much to my own surprise, after reading about how horrible the autofocus is on Canons in general and especially on the 5D Mark II, I've NEVER had ANY trouble with the autofocus speed, accuracy, or consistency on the camera.

Things I like the best: The metering is practically infallible - I never need to second guess this thing which is great. Control layout - can do everything I need to with one hand. Small size, lightweight, high performance, very easy to travel with. It's also a very SIMPLE camera that's easy to just go shoot, sorta like the Nikon D40. There's really not a whole lot to set, and the manual is less than 200 pages I think. "Full recall" C1/C2/C3 settings are a GOD SEND and beat the snot out of Nikon's settings banks. 21MP is super nice, but to be honest I shoot down in the medium 11MP mode most of the time. Being able to shoot Medium sized RAW on this camera body is great too. AF is fast, accurate, and consistent for me. Canon's software (DPP) works surprisingly well.

Things I dislike the most: JPEG processing is not as good as Nikon, so I actually shoot some RAW with this camera. The sensor has shadow noise issues even at low ISO, which you have to be careful with. It also starts to have chroma noise visible at ISO 800 even though you can get perfectly usable results all the way up to 6400, so the noise profile starts to get uglier sooner than you'd expect or want and requiring clean-up. There's absolutely no or minimal weather sealing on the body, which is a little bit scary. Gotta be extra careful at the beach, and I'd definitely be too afraid to take it out in the snow. The only issue with the AF I've ever had is that it does seem to quit about a stop or so before any of my Nikons as it gets super dark, and to make matters worse it doesn't have an AF assist lamp. So once it quits you're really stuck and will have to manually focus.

GREAT FOR: Just about everything.

NOT FOR: Rugged environments, or when you need solid AF in low light.

I'm very pleased with it and seem to prefer the Canon 'DNA' as well. As proof of that, believe it or not, for the first time ever since getting into photography serious back in 2017 I'm not buying any photography **** for Christmas this year! I could have even swung a 135/2L if I wanted one (I do!), but I like what I've got so much and it works so well for me that I don't want to complicate things by buying more than I need. I had waaaaaay too much **** in Nikon to the point that it was stressful just trying to figure out what to take whenever I went anywhere, so with Canon I've decided to keep it really simple and just stick with a few lenses that I know I'll get a lot of use out of. And fortunately they make exactly the lenses that I want so I can buy exactly what I need and nothing more.

Too bad I don't want more stuff, because there's been lots of good deals to be had from all of the people switching from Canon to Nikon lately, LOL. :naughty:

Source of
https://forums.offtopic.com/

>>>>> ردود الأعضـــــــــــــــــــاء على الموضوع <<<<<
==================================

الله يعطيكِ آلعآفية

__________________________________________________ __________